Published on February 10th, 2017 | by Richard Boom0
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them… March 29 2017 on 4K UHD, (3D) Blu-ray and DVD
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment presents on March 29, the enchanting movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, a new saga of J. K. Rowling, author of the famous Harry Potter series. In 1926 magic-zoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, with a discreet leather suitcase full of secrets. What had to be a simple trip , soon turns into a spectacular adventure that sets both the magical and non-magical world upside down. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is based on the book by J. K. Rowling and is the start of a five-part series in her wizarding world.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is directed by David Yates, who also has directed the last four Harry Potter films , and the script is by J. K. Rowling. Oscarwinner Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything, Les Misérables) plays Newt Scamander, Colin Farrell (In Bruges, Phone Booth) is seen as Graves, Katherine Waterston (Steve Jobs, Michael Clayton) as Tina, Ezra Miller (Suicide Squad) Credence as Barebone and Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) as Gellert Grindelwald.
Synopsis Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Magic-zoologist Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) arrives in 1926 in New York, after an excursion around the world to investigate and if needed save fable animals. He is visiting the city to attend a congress of magicians. His visit to the town gets completely out of hand when Newt meets the intriguing No-Maj (American for Muggle) Jacob Kowalski (Dan Fogler, Kung Fu Panda). Jacob opens the seemingly normal suitcase of Newt, thus letting various mythical creatures escape to create chaos in the streets of New York. Newt must use his magic wand and new friends to try and catch the mythical creatures, without endangering the magical and non-magical world.
– Eddie Redmayne had auditioned for the role of Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but did not get the role.
– Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is the first volume in a new series of five films.
– The script was written by J. K. Rowling, who thus makes her debut screenplay.
– Based on the book “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” used as a text book in the Harry Potter series and is currently already in 52nd pressing.
– The actors in the film have been given lessons in how to use their wand correctly.
– Eddie Redmayne was the first and only choice of J.K. Rowling to play Newt Scamander. He did not need to audition for the role.
– The proceeds of the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them largely go towards the charity Comic Relief.
Bonus Materials Blu-ray and DVD:
Blu-ray (1:05:28 minutes) consisting of:
– Before Harry Potter: A New Era of Magic Begins! – Join J.K. Rowling as she goes back to Leavesden Studios to build a new and exciting part of the sorcerers universe.
– Characters: The Magizoologistlogist – The Goldstein Sisters – The New Sale Mers Mers – The No-Maj Baker – The President and the Aurornt and the Auror
– Fantastic Beasts: Meet the Fantastic Beasts- Venture into the magical world of mythical creatures and the creative team behind it.
– Design: Shaping the World of Fantastic Beasts – Meet the creative team behind the construction, design, costumes and props from the wizarding world and hear how the giant sets are brought to life.
– Deleted Scenes
DVD (8:03 minutes), consisting of:
– Characters: The Magizoologist – A magician feels better around creatures than humans. Cast and crew talk about Newt’s character, costume and travel during the film.
– Fantastic Beasts: Meet the Fantastic Beasts – Venture into the magical world of mythical creatures and the creative team behind it.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them comes out on March 29 next 4K UHD 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD as well as a Special Edition Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray with wand.
2:12:40 minutes Blu-ray + 1:05:28 minutes of bonus material
2:07:22 minutes of bonus materials DVD + 8:03
Rated: 9, anxiety