Published on April 24th, 2014 | by Richard Boom
Spider-Alert Times Two
Press Release From Sony Pictures, with images copyright by Sony Pictures.
These are the enemies of Spider-Man
Spider-Man has been protecting the good people of New York since 1962 and that is no easy task. He has also built up a nice circle of enemies. Marvel understands better than anyone that the opponents are at least as important as the hero of the story. Therefore, Spider-Man has an impressive list of antagonists. In The Amazing Spider-Man, we were already acquainted with The Lizard and in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we see how some of the greatest enemies of the masked superhero make their advance. High time to focus the spotlights on the dark side of the Marvel Universe: the epic enemies of Spider-Man.
Jamie Foxx plays the role of Max Dillon, an electrical engineer at OsCorp. In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Max is shy and reclusive and he is an inconspicuous employee. When he is rescued on the street accidentally by Spidey, he develops an obsession with the superhero. Through a freak accident, he gets superpowers that eventually turn him into Electro.
Name: Max Dillon / Electro
· Played by: Jamie Foxx
· Signature power: the ability to absorb, control and manipulate electricity and energy
· Debut: Elektro is seen for the first time in the comic-book The Amazing Spider-Man #9 – The Man Called Electro
· Interesting: In the comic-books, Elektro is always pictured wearing his signature green and yellow costume, but for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 the film makers went for a more modern look and wanted to make him look less ‘comic-y’. Elektro is one of the first six members of the Sinister Six
The Green Goblin is probably the biggest enemy of Spider-Man, because he has a personal relationship with Peter Parker. In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Harry Osborn becomes the epic enemy. Harry was a good childhood friend of Peter and like his father Norman Osborn he suffers from a rare disease. Richard Parker, father of Peter, worked hard before his death to find a cure for the disease, but could never finish.
· Name: Harry Osborn / Green Goblin
· Played by: Dane DeHaan
· Signature power: the ability to fly on the Goblin Glider, superhuman strength ans speed
· Debut: The Green Goblin is first seen in the comic-book The Amazing Spider-Man #14 – The Grotesque Adventure Of The Green Goblin. Harry Osborn makes his first appearance in the comic-book The Amazing Spider-Man #31 – If This Be My Destiny
· Interesting: In the Marvel comic-books Norman Osborn is the original Green Goblin and later his son Harry follows in his evil footsteps.
The Sinister Six is a team consisting of the greatest enemies of Spider-Man. Dr. Octopus gathered the greatest villains from the Marvel universe to join forces to defeat Spidey and so they could commit their crimes unopposed. The composition of the Sinister Six is quite varied with members who came and left, but the original team consisted of Dr. Octopus, The Vulture, Mysterio, The Sandman, Electro and Kraven The Hunter.
· Name: Sinister Six
· Signature power: combined forces of Spider-Man’s biggest enemies
· Debut: The Sinister Six were seen for the first time in the comic-book The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1 – The Sinister Six!
· Interesting: Sony Pictures Releasing has announced that there will be a spin-off of The Amazing Spider-Man franchise which will focus on the Sinister Six! Drew Goddard (The Cabin In The Woods) will direct this villain film.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is now playing in cinemas and gives you an explosive preview of the enemies of the Marvel hero. We’ve always known that Spider-Man’s most important battle has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man. But in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” Peter Parker finds that a greater conflict lies ahead.
It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city.
With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp.